Thursday, January 1, 2009

Pressing on...

As I look toward the New Year, I am reminded of what Paul said in Philippians 4:12-14 "Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect,but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me brothers I do not consider yet to have taken hold of it but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."
2008 was filled challenges and surprises, losses and gains. We are so eternally grateful to God for all that He has given us. A home, children, community and a chance to serve Him.
In 2008 we said good-bye to a very special person. He is loved and he will be missed.
We also said "hello" to adopting. Lydia and Leo are already so much a part of our lives. They are thousands of miles away but in our hearts every moment of every day!
My prayer this year is that God will be GLORIFIED in all that we do and say. That His perfect will will be done. That we can serve Him by serving others. That this will be a year of dieing to self and embracing the Lord's calling to "Go into ALL the world and preach the Gospel" And to count others better than ourselves. (Philippians 2:3)
We wish every loved one, friend, and stranger just passing through a Very Blessed New Year. We pray that our story will point you to God the author and finisher of our faith.
Psalm 18:1-3
"I love you, O Lord my strength.
The Lord is my rock and my
fortress and my deliverer,
My God, My Rock, in whom I
take refuge,
My shield, and the horn of my
salvation, my stronghold.
I call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised,
and I am saved from my enemies.

No comments: