Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's not about...

I have been wanting to put this down in words for so long now but haven't had the right ones to use. I still don't think I do but here is my feeble attempt.
It's not about money. That's right. This blog is not meant to encourage people to give. Yup, that's right. We know that we know that the Lord himself called us to do this and while that is a bold statement we also know that we know God will provide for all of our needs. He will also provide for Lydia and Leo's needs. They are being cared for and loved on at the orphanage. They are being taught the word of God. We want to get them out of there so two more children can have the same opportunity. Ooops, There I go I am already on a tangent. Let me refocus, so while you see the thermometer measuring how much money we have and how much more we need, it isn't about the money. Simply put, if I could figure out a way to minimize it or put in on another page I would. So why do we have it there to begin with? Good question! It is to encourage other believers in God's work of caring for orphans. Our earnest prayer is that God will provide double the amount we need so that we can turn around and give it to another family that wants to adopt but doesn't have the means to do it. This is completely a walk of faith for us. We also have the thermometer there so people can see where we are in this process. We want complete transparency in ALL things. Our motives etc. We do not want to be decieved. We seem to get the same questions over and over again and the most popular question is how much more money do you need? So we keep it on our blog. I love being asked and cared for.


Blessings my friends,
Feel free to leave comments etc.
By his grace
Ami

No comments: