Saturday, January 9, 2010

Our Hope

I just got off the phone with a dear "family" member in Liberia. It was so good to hear her voice and to know she is well. She loves the Lord and trusts Him. Sometimes it is hard for me to know why, after everything she has been through, she still loves and trusts Him. I could never fully understand how---except that she has a wonderful gift. The gift of Faith in a Holy God that loves her and cares for her in spite of difficult circumstances. I like to think I would have that kind of faith but lately I have lacked even hope. Shame on me! God has ALWAYS been faithful to His children and I am His daughter. He will be faithful to me as well.
My heart is full and rejoicing right now along with being saddened by her absence, I know God has a plan to reunite us one day!
She has been able to visit the two children we are adopting. They run to her and call her "sister". Lydia sang her a song. I couldn't quite understand what the title was but I think it was something like "Your delay is not your denier"
So as of today I will try to have faith again---where is that mustard seed? Got it! I will ask God to allow our children to come home or for the ability to go to Liberia to visit. After-all it's only money we need to get there and what is that to our God?
Our hope is in you Lord!

No comments: