Monday, March 23, 2009

Today

Today my heart is heavy and happy. Today I woke up feeling overwhelmed. I didn't have any particular reason why. Those pesky feelings---sometimes they just creep up and try to get the best of us huh?
I suppose the Lord knew I needed some encouragement because at lunch time the mailman dropped off two letters. One from Lydia and one from Leo. They were written to us and addressed "Dear Mom and Dad" Oh how that tore at my heart. We learned new things about them today too. Lydia's favorite color is pink and Leo loves to play soccer. Leo wants to be a pastor when he grows up and Lydia a teacher.
Both of the letters were dictated to adults that wrote them down. Leo signed his name perfectly. To think I am holding a letter from my son and daughter all the way from Liberia.
Oh please pray that the Lord allows them to come home to us soon. Pray for their safety and provision of their needs.

Thank you for reading
Ami

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do they know that you are working very hard to bring them home? I would think it must be so hard on them to know that someone wants them, but not know when they get to be with them.

Lori Rhodes said...

I have thought about them so much lately because I was going through hand-me-downs for the Spring. I have started you a bag for Lydia and can't wait for her to wear my Lydia's clothes. Do you have nay idea what size she wears right now?

Brandi said...

How precious are those words. I'm sorry it's so hard right now.

Brandi

PS The playdate idea is just to have a party for your kids where you focus on this need and the opportunity to make a difference. For teens, I'd do a more fun party (not a park day) and tell them that the "entry" fee is those items! Then, you could play games where they don't have what they need and have to figure other things out. . then talk about what it'd be like to be sent home from school b/c you didn't have a pencil anyways. Just a few ideas