Friday, November 7, 2008

It's Friday

It's Friday! It has been such a busy week! We mailed our home-study packet and have our first appointment next Thursday the 13th with Carolyn our case worker. What is a home study? Here is a definition from http://www.childwelfare.gov/pubs/f_homstu.cfm
This process has three purposes: to educate and prepare the adoptive family for adoption, to gather information about the prospective parents that will help a social worker match the family with a child whose needs they can meet, and to evaluate the fitness of the adoptive family.
Or in my opinion to keep you busy answering questions about your life for hours! No just kidding! But it did take both Adrian and I HOURS to complete. I mean how do you answer questions like "Would you be willing to move if your neighborhood wasn't diverse enough? Or how do you plan on disciplining your children? I think the autobiography they asked me to write was 6 pages! Wow! Not even a page for each year I've been alive! I must live a boring life! Not really. My life is way to exciting for words right now. I am literally singing praise to my creator all day! I am in AWE that he would choose us to serve Him in this way! John 1:12 says "But to all who did receive him, who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God"

No comments: